Wednesday, October 16, 2013

You gotta be persistent

One thing I have learned from being a collector where I live is that you must be persistent. I don't care what the manager of the store tells you, if you fail to keep checking, you will miss out on finding what you have been looking for. Way way too many times have I missed out on Supers and normal Treasure Hunts because I listened to the manager or thought a store wouldn't be refreshed anytime in the near future. Here is an example that just happened today. A Target manager told me that they were not getting anymore cars in stock for awhile because they already had their "magic" number (usually 400-500 cars). Some stores this hold true (Toys"R"Us being the worst). Despite what he said, the store is only a mile away from where I live and I drive by it to get home. It is just too hard not to pass up when I don't want to fight traffic at the intersection I have to turn at. Instead I can just go the opposite way and have no traffic and just relax looking through Hotwheels (even if I have done it almost every day and know what they have).

Today, it paid off. A Treasure Hunt I have wanted more than any other Treasure Hunt in the history of my collecting, a Subaru Treasure Hunt. I found it, a 2014 Subaru STi WRX Treasure Hunt.


I just could not believe how hard this thing has been to find! I heard from one collector that he had found enough to start giving them away and here I was with zip, zero, nadda. That changed today, woo hoo!


This Treasure Hunt is for those who claim they can't find the logo. Hotwheels decided to not just put it in one place, but three!!! You can see the first one right above STi, the second above the front wheel, and the third is on the hood above STi.


So there you have it. If you want to find a car you have been hunting for, you have to ignore the employees of the stores and keep hunting! Though in some cases they can actually be right. Toys"R"Us must have the worst schedule when it comes to getting new cars. I'm guessing they get one big order each month and do not order anymore until they are almost completely wiped. Ugh, oh well. That is what makes the hunt so exciting I guess, haha. Just never truly know when a store is going to get a box in. Just gotta keep hunting and have fun at it. I have had countless days where I didn't even find a basic car that I wanted. Sometimes you get a streak going on, then other times you will find nothing. Have fun, it isn't the end of the world if you don't find what you are looking for. If you put all of your burden of having fun on finding a single car, you will never truly have fun being a Hotwheels collector.

Until next time,

Derek Twigg
John 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment