Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Hotwheels rant

One of the biggest drawbacks of being a collector is that the world around you doesn't understand your passion. Surprisingly many do not even know what you are talking about when trying to ask where the Hotwheels are located in their store. I've lost track of how many puzzled faces I've seen. It would be nice if all stores had a convenient layout for their Hotwheels so I didn't have to ask all the time, but sadly this is not the case. For example, Publix. They are the absolute worst when it comes to track down where they hide their Hotwheels cars. One store in particular that really bugged me was that they hid the one Hotwheels car they had by putting it with the school supplies. No other toys in sight, just randomly blending in with the other items hanging up.

I have found a answer to finding help quicker than before. I can usually find one Hotwheels car pretty quick and once I have done so, I will take it with me to ask for help. I can show the person what I'm looking for and at least 3 out of 5 times they can help. The other two, well...I think some employees should stick behind the cash register and not be on the floor trying to help people find things. Even when showing them the car, they still look at you confused and then will take you to a section with other random toy cars or even the 5 packs despite you asking for the basic single pack.

Another fun one to deal with is when you go to a Walgreens, CVS, or Rite-Aide. I think they all three have the same hiring manager that trains them as they all three have a word for word knee jerk reaction when asking if they have any more Hotwheels. It goes along these lines, "We do not have any in the back, all of the cars we have are already out." I finally got a worker to give me an explanation that they only order two cars at a time. I'm not sure how they do that, but I believe she was speaking the truth. She even asked how many I wanted and she would order them. Based on where that store was located, I doubt I will be back there anytime in the foreseeable future and didn't request any.

My least favorite experience is dealing with employees who feel the employee is always right and the customer has no say. A Wal-mart employee is the perfect example of this. For their sake, I will not mention the store, but I believe it is safe to say I will not return to that store for a long time. I've been to it a couple times and the first, the pegs were almost completely empty. I asked the employee if they were getting more, with an attitude, she told me that they had no intentions of putting out anymore until the dump bin was empty. Being curious, I visited the store a week later and the bin had been filled again. The last time I was there, the bin was gone and so I asked if they were getting more to the same employee (unfortunately). This resulted into a lecture about how they will not put out another box until the pegs are almost empty like before. Fortunately their are several other stores that can keep me occupied to help me stay clear of this location.

I am done for tonight, I could go on, but sleep sounds pretty amazing right now! Though I do want to post one more blog, I have some new Treasure Hunt finds to report on!

Until next time,

Derek Twigg
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment