Thursday, September 19, 2013

A good day to be a collector

I got to do some for the very first(ish) time today. I say the ish, because of K-mart day I did get to open a 36 count box to search through.

But anyways, today I got to be the first person to search through a 72 count box of Hotwheels cars. I was going to buy the box, but ended up putting most of the cars onto the pegs at the store I was at. It was like working at a retail store all over again, just this time I was not restricted from being able to purchase the cars I was putting up. Someone even stopped to ask me if I could help them find something and I had to assure them that I did not work at the store. I did end up helping the lady anyways, it was kind of fun. I do miss getting to work retail and helping customers. Fortunately the job I have now I get to meet new people almost every week, not quite the same, but still fun!



Moving along to the actual opening. I didn't know what to expect and honestly I thought the box would be much larger. But it was a tiny box that somehow packed 72 Hotwheels cars. After peeling away the flaps, I looked inside with a long glance to see if I could spot anything I wanted. I quickly noticed a STAR TREK battle damaged Enterprise (I have way too many of these things now). I decided to start pulling cars to get a closer look at what was inside. To my surprise, I finally found a car I have been searching for months to find.


I found the 2007 Ford Mustang Super. I keep hearing from collectors that you do not always find a Treasure Hunt in a case. But this was not the case for this case (pun intended). I found the Mustang super and also a normal Mazda RX-7 Treasure Hunt.


It was a good way to end the day after visiting several other stores that had clearly been wiped before I had a chance to walk through the door. Here is a picture of what all I grabbed from the box:


I'm sure the other cars have no value, but they are fun to have! My wife has already opened the plane and claimed it, haha!


The Mustang will be the 7th Super I have found while collecting. The first was a Ferrari Enzo that I already sold on ebay earlier this year. The other ones I have will be harder to let go, especially the 599XX I found last year. It is my favorite Hotwheels car I own, I wouldn't even take it out of the protective shell for the picture, it stays protected!


(Quick Edit) I realized that in the final picture that one of the cars is not a Super, I do have two Supers of that car but accidentally took a picture of the normal one. Another quick edit, I really need to go to bed, but I actually have been blessed enough to find 8 Supers! The Camaro Super is a pretty funny story on how I found that one, I will have to make a post based on just that experience! :)

Here are the other two that I have:



Until next time,

Derek Twigg
John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment